WFU

網站頁籤

2022年7月29日 星期五

Chen in The Helen O'Grady Summer Camp

Hello, I am Chen.  Last week, I went to Helen O'Grady summer camp.  Helen O'Grady is a drama class.  This drama class is special because we played drama only in English.

At Helen O'Grady we made our show's props by ourselves.  I made a broadsword with chopsticks and cardboard.  I made a scabbard with lots of tapes and paper.  First, I used a piece of cardboard to cover the broadsword and used tape to stick the it into a circle.  Then, I used some green papers to cover the cardboard.  Next, I used paper tape to made some pattern on the scabbard.  Last, I used tape to stick all the things tightly and put my sword into the scabbard.  This was how I made the scabbard.

In this camp, we made props and practice our lines since Monday to Thursday, and show our show to parents on Friday.  Our show is about that some explorers want to find a magical cup to stop global warming, but the cup belongs to the jungle people. The jungle people hide the cup, so the explorers can't find it.  One day, the jungle people catch the explorers, at the same time, the volcano in the jungle is erupting.  They use the cup to stop the volcano and they all become friends.  

I think this show is special because I like the feeling when I am on the stage and everyone is looking at me.  The feeling is a little shy and a little bit fascinated.

This camp is good because the teacher is very kind and I can learn how to use English there.  I like to do art work and I think the show is very exciting.